Program Manager (Manufacturing Software)
Wage type: Salaried
Reports to: CEO
Location: Remote - Japan preferred
Language: English (company), Japanese (customer)
Who We Are: Factories lose millions of dollars each year when their lines stop or produce flawed products. Many manufacturers have not had access to the latest software technologies, and so this presents an opportunity to make a big impact.
We are a small, 5-person team looking to modernize industrial manufacturing through enterprise software, with our beachhead customers being steel tube production lines. Our platform collects, integrates, transforms, stores, analyzes, displays, and provides real-time alerts for telemetry on factory lines. This includes data from hardware sensors, enterprise IT data, streaming video, and push-to-talk audio. This provides factories with the ability to catch and communicate errors early and provide recommendations to reduce their occurrence.
We were founded by experts in Industry 4.0 and advanced manufacturing, and are doing our early-stage development with a large steel tube factory as our pilot partner. We would love to add a program manager who can effectively communicate, organize, prioritize, and document for all the various stakeholders involved in our work, and are excited to bring in another teammate who can develop and grow with us!
Position Summary and Purpose: Responsible for implementing, monitoring, maintaining, and documenting software initiatives that provide meaningful production improvements for manufacturing environments. Interface with both technical and business manufacturing stakeholders, aid in development of technical strategy, build and maintain documentation for all ongoing software projects, and guide our engineering team towards a sustainable long-term product. Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement, appropriate to our team size and to our manufacturing-focused customer.
Projects include expanding data capture to new sensors, improving front end UI, deployment of ML tools for visual and audio analysis, building out our reporting engine; and customer education. We are looking primarily for people experienced with manufacturing environments who have comfort with mental models for software development; but we are most interested in finding someone who demonstrates curiosity, organization, and capability to digest and act upon new information quickly. We are ready to support professional growth goals for anyone with that curiosity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our manufacturing partner stakeholders, internal software development team, and CEO to flesh out feature design for our ongoing Statement of Work initiatives
- Coordinate and prioritize project initiatives among all internal and partner stakeholders
- Identify the underlying needs behind customer requests and think through solutions which can apply to broader use cases
- Engage with our partner to ensure they understand and use our product, and that it meets their underlying needs
- Develop and maintain a solutions engineering playbook for future implementations
- Actively participate in regular internal team discussions
- Develop ongoing documentation of both program requirements and results, appropriate to multiple types of stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience as a program manager or similar role overseeing multiple projects with multiple types of stakeholders (examples of documentation or reports you have written are helpful, if possible)
- 1+ years of professional experience working in, or for, industrial manufacturing operations
- 1+ years of experience using and assessing enterprise software for manufacturing
- Experience as a software developer is a major plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Characteristics, etc.:
- Well organized, disciplined and self-motivated, capable of balancing multiple priorities
- Experience working in a team environment with a customer-deployed end product
- Understanding of mental models for software development
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal company personnel, vendors and customers with equal effectiveness, professionalism and positivity
- Japanese fluency is a plus for customer interaction
- Flexibility in handling responsibilities outside your comfort zone
What We Offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground floor with a growing team solving challenging problems for factories
- A positive company culture which values collaboration, hard work, and mutual respect
- Support for professional development goals and opportunities to work on projects which expand your skill set
- Opportunities for equity in an early-stage startup
If this sounds interesting but you're not sure about your appropriateness for the role, please get in touch anyway and we can discuss further.
Please introduce yourself by sending an email and your resume to Arjun at email@example.com.